- How to Update Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6
- What Is LineageOS?
- What Is Android Oreo?
- Pre-Requirements before Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 8.0 Oreo [Lineage OS 15]
- Advantages and Features of Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Samsung Galaxy S6
- How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6
How to Update Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6
So guys you want to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 8.0 Oreo? Here is the full guide on How to Install Lineage OS 15 on Samsung Galaxy S6. After reading this you can Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 8.0 Oreo. Before install read pre-requirements, advantage and features of Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6. You can also Download Lineage OS 15 for Samsung Galaxy S6.
What Is LineageOS?
LineageOS Android Distribution is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS. LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time LineageOS development builds now cover more than 178 phone models with over 1.7 million installs, having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017. SOURCE
What Is Android Oreo?
Android 8.x “Oreo” is a version of the Android mobile operating system. It was first released as an alpha quality developer preview in March 2017 and released to the public on August 21, 2017. It contains a number of major features, including notification grouping, picture-in-picture support for video, performance improvements and battery usage optimization, and support for autofillers, Bluetooth 5, system-level integration with VoIP apps, wide color gamuts, and Wi-Fi Aware. Android Oreo also introduces two major platform features, including Android Go—a software distribution of the operating system for low-end devices, as well as support for implementing a hardware abstraction layer.
Pre-Requirements before Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 8.0 Oreo [Lineage OS 15]
– This Oreo Update Custom Rom is only for Samsung Galaxy S6. Don’t try this method to flash any other devices
– Make a backup of your all important data, file and other for security
– Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S6 battery life is more than 60%
– Must install TWRP Recovery before Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 8.0 Oreo
– Download Lineage OS 15 for Samsung Galaxy S6
Advantages and Features of Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Samsung Galaxy S6
– Android Version 8.0
– New Designs and Looks
– Get Latest Android version
– Much better and feature then Android 7.0 Nougat
– Full Notification Feature
– Adaptive icons
– Improve Your Smartphone Battery Life
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6
1. First of all, Download all the files which links are above.
2. Now, Your Samsung Galaxy S6 must have installed TWRP Recovery. If you already installed then skip this step.
3. Now Press and Hold “Volume Down + Power Button” to Boot your Device into Recovery Mode.
4. You will see so many options on screen, So tap on the Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and click and swipe.
5. After that select and click on Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm it.
6. Now swipe to install ROM zip file and Flash zip file.
7. Now wait for installation complete of zip file.
8. After all process, Tap on Reboot your Device.
9. All Done!!
Congratulations! You successfully Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6. If you have any problems while Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 8.0 Oreo, then comment below.