Download and Install Final Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview 2
Google Released the final preview build of Android 8.1. This big update is coming for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL and Pixel 1 and 1 XL, Pixel Tablet C, and Nexus 6P and 5X. First preview was launched in last month was a bit of a mess. You can download Android 8.1 by signing up for Google’s beta program. This Android 8.1 Oreo Developer preview comes with firmware build number OPP6.171019.012 for Pixel, Pixel XL and Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL and Pixel C, Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X.
What’s New in this update?
This preview updates including final Android 8.1 system factory images for Pixel and Nexus devices. There are many bug fixes, latest optimization and November 2017 security patches updates. The Neural Networks API provides accelerated computation and interface for on-device machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow Lite. Google request to developers to update their application on Playstore by end of December.
- How to Install Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5
- How to Install OnePlus 5 Oreo Beta 2 based on Oxygen OS 5.0
- Install Android Oreo 3 Beta on Samsung Galaxy S8+
Download Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview
Before you get to the instructions to install Android 8.1 Developer Preview 2, download the system image for your device.
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices?
– If your device is on Previous 8.1 Oreo Updated, then you will receive an OTA update. You can check it by go to the settings.
– If your device is on 8.0 Oreo updated, then you need to first enroll in the Android Beta Program.
– After enroll you will receive an update after some hours.
– After that download Android 8.1 Oreo Developer preview 2 factory image for your device from above links and flash using fastboot mode.
Steps to Flash Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview
– Download img file from above and transfer into PC.
– Extract or Unzip the factory image, data file.
– Connect your device to Pc.
– Now keep your device plugged into bootloader mode or fastboot. To do this Open CMD and type below command :
adb reboot bootloader
– Now you may need to unlock bootloader on your Nexus or Pixel devices. Enter following command to do that:
fastboot oem unlock
For new Nexus 6P devices, the code was change:
fastboot flashing unlock
- ALSO READ :- HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON GOOGLE PIXEL 2 AND 2 XL
– Now open the factory image folder inside CMD or Terminal.
– When done, reboot your device by entering below command:
– Done!! You successful install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Google Nexus Devices. If you fetch any problems while installation, then just comment below.