How to Customize Your Windows 10 Start Menu!!
Microsoft is always sensitive about its Widows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 start menu. Microsoft removed the start menu in Windows 8 and then put back in Windows 8.1. In both cases, the functionality of start button is same as to open a start screen. With the release of Windows 10 Microsoft ditched the start screen and brought a new start menu. Some Windows users love old traditional start menu while the new kind of start menu of Windows 10 is still a choice of some guys. So here in this guide by following some steps you can easily customize the start menu in Windows 10.
> Change the Start menu size:-
– First of all, click on the Windows key on your keyboard or click on start button.
– Move your mouse in order to get the cursor on the edge of start menu.
– Here the cursor will look like double sided arrow.
– Now just moving mouse cursor you can change the size of the Windows 10 start menu.
> Turn on/off live tiles:-
Live tiles functionality on Windows 10 is like same as Widgets functionality on Android platform. They provide you real time information about your interest. In Windows 10 it is like an advantage of having tiles over the icons. However, these live tiles take a lot of battery life and consume a bit of data in order to update the information. Sometimes, it looks messed up if added numerous big and small live tiles together. But here we gonna show you how easily you can turn off the live tiles.
– First look for Microsoft Store app then right click on the mouse.
– Here, click on more and turn off the live tile.
– That’s it.
Pin and Unpin applications to and from the Start menu:-
– Just right click on an application you want to pin on start menu.
– Then, just click on Pin to Start.
– In order to unpin the application, right click on the application on start menu which you want to unpin.
– Then, click on Unpin form Start.
– That’s it.
Note:- You can also pin or unpin a desktop application by using file explorer.
> Change the size of tiles:-
– Yes! Windows 10 provides users ability to resize the tiles on start menu.
– Just, look for a tile you want to resize.
– Now, right click on that tile you want to resize.
– Here, click on resize.
– Here you will get four options to resize the tile namely- Small, Medium, Wide and Large.
– You can choose one that how you like the size of tile.
– That’s it.
> Change Start menu transparency and colors:-
Generally, Windows 10 for blue color tiles provides the two different background style as dark and translucent background. However, if you like to explore more you can do a much more. Here is it..
– Just navigate to Settings > Personalization >Colors.
– Here, from a bunch of available colors you can choose any color you like.
– Here the chosen color will be set as default color of tiles in the start menu and accent color of modern UI as well.
– Here, you can also see an option to choose an accent color from wallpaper set automatically.
– To more customize, just scroll down and you can yourself make the start menu background, action center and taskbar as well.
> Group tiles into folders:-
– The best thing is Windows 10 allow users to group the tiles into folder. If you want to have a big start menu or likes to have fully embedded start menu or whatever other reason you have. You can group the tiles into folder on Windows 10 start menu.
– Same as on android platform, you have to just drag and drop tiles into one another to have group tiles into folder.
– That’s it.
> Enable/disable app list, Pin more tiles and other Settings:-
– First navigate to Settings> Personalization.
– Here, click on Start.
– Now, turn on the toggle of Show More Tiles.
– Here, you can look down and you can see a list of more options as well to customize the start menu.
Note:- Here you will get more options to enable or disable app list, pin more tiles and other useful options as well.
Comment below guys if you know face any problem while customizing start menu on Windows 10 and feel free to ask if you have any questions to ask. Stay tuned with us to get regular updates. Have Fun!!!